Gender Transformative & Responsible Business Investment in South East Asia (GRAISEA) Phase 2 (2018 - 2023)
The Gender Transformative and Responsible Agribusiness Investments in South East Asia phase two (GRAISEA 2) programme aims to transform opportunities for small-scale producers in the rice and shrimp value chains. The programme achieves this by acting as a catalyst for the emergence of inclusive value chains and responsible business practices that respect human rights and drive women’s economic empowerment and climate resilience.
GRAISEA 2 works simultaneously on three levels (producer, private sector, and government), and across three thematic priorities: women’s economic empowerment, promoting women's rights, and addressing unequal power relations; strengthening climate resilience and reducing vulnerability; and collaboration with, and influencing of, the private sector on inclusive business practices and models.
Kien Giang, An Giang, Soc Trang, Bac Lieu, and Ca Mau provinces
Producer level (Result 1):
- Women in producer groups in agriculture and seafood value chains have increased confidence, voice and agency to claim their rights;
- Farmer groups have increased capacity to meet productivity and quality requirements, manage risks regarding health and safety at work, support adaptation and influence market governance.
Private Sector (Result 2)
- The private sector puts into practice inclusive models that support women’s economic empowerment and climate change resilience.
- SMEs connect small producers fairly to markets and build women’s economic empowerment.
- MSIs at national and regional levels facilitate the wider use of business practices that support inclusivity, women’s economic empowerment, and climate change resilience (and influence government policy).
Policy development at national and regional levels (Result 3)
- National policy frameworks create an enabling environment for inclusive business, women’s economic empowerment, and climate resilience.
- Regional policy frameworks create an enabling environment for inclusive business, human rights, gender equality and SME financing.
Within the project’s lifespan, we aim to benefit:small producer directly;