Senior Funding and Programme Specialist (deadline 24.05.2022)
- To lead, implement and maintain the Vietnam country funding program strategy and country funding plan, as part of the CLV Funding Strategy, including resourcing for research development, humanitarian and policy/advocacy work in order to increase the Oxfam income of institutional donors and other funding sources.
- To manage assigned programme portfolio in close co-operation with key actors, to achieve policy, attitude and practice change towards an inclusive and sustainable development in Vietnam.
- The post holder is a member of the CLV BD team and Vietnam country leadership team. The post holder is responsible for maintaining strategic relationship with key donors in Vietnam.
Contract: Long term position with a first two-year contract
Reporting to: Head of CLV Business Development and/or National Director
Based in: Hanoi with frequent travel
- Lead the design process and oversee delivery of a high-quality Vietnam country funding strategy which aligns with Oxfam CLV Cluster Strategy and Business Development workplan, Vietnam country strategy and donor landscape.
- Lead the planning, development and submission of competitive, high quality concept papers, donor proposals, and budgets.
- Coordinate the innovation development and testing innovative ideas.
- Provide support, advice, and train Oxfam staff in their area of responsibilities and to ensure sufficient capacity and skills of partners in Vietnam to manage funding portfolio in line with Oxfam and donor standards.
- Manage funding processes according to Oxfam fundraising standards, is responsible for quality control of funding processes and communications, recommends changes to Country Leadership Team (CLT) on processes and advises on brand risk management.
- Work with CLV Business Development and CLV leadership teams in the planning and development of funding strategy/plan and execution.
- Engage in peer networks of other country fundraising staff within region, between regions and globally as appropriate.
- Lead in the analysis of donors’ portfolio and policy guidelines.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of existing donor contracts to ensure compliance with donor requirements; analyse and provide advice to staff on the funding policies and requirements of different donors, seek advice and input from affiliate donor leads for donors engagement.
- Ensure sign-off of donor proposals, reports and contracts within delegations and according to agreed Oxfam processes.
- Manage the overall implementation of assigned programme portfolio including planning, identifying and maintaining direct contacts with partners, monitoring and supporting partners in project implementation and overseeing programme financial management.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with partners and authorities at national and local level to ensure smooth operation management.
- Ensure project finance management in accordance with Oxfam policies and procedures as well as donors’ requirements in cooperation with finance unit.
- Ensure project reporting to meet Oxfam and donors requirements.
- Act as Oxfam’s representative at local and national level as required.
- With relevant staff in CLV Business Development Team, Vietnam: National Director, Heads of Programme Units, Communication and Media Advisor, Project Managers, Programme Officers, Programme Financial Officers etc. to co-ordinate, co-operate and exchange information with relation to planning and monitoring of institutional funding applications and management of grants.
- With Head of business development in CLV cluster, CLV Director and CLV leadership team.
- With Oxfam International and affiliates’ funding units, to gauge and develop new funding opportunities, and to coordinate acquisition, contract management and monitoring.
- With project groups inside Oxfam, to realise joint external funding opportunities in specific areas.
- With fundraising/business development in the Asia region.
- With (potential) donors and other relevant stakeholders, to obtain information, to bring certain themes and issues (with an eye on funding) to the attention, and to discuss specific projects or to account for them.
- With other (I)NGOs, to obtain and share information.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Master degree in Business Management, International Development or related field.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in business development, fundraising at international organizations, preferably non-profit.
- Experience with diverse and multi-disciplinary team, and, in complex organisational structure.
- Excellent planning and coordination skills.
- Proven record of successful fundraising, resources mobilisation.
- Experiences in programme/project management.
- Excellent communication and networking with donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent proposal writing skills in English and familiar with processes of responding to funding opportunities, familiar with policies and requirement s of different donors.
- Very good training and coaching skills of peers.
- Very good communication and negotiation skills (in English and Vietnamese).
- Relationship building
- Mutual accountability
In addition, you need to
- Be a team player;
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
- Gender and cultural sensitivity
- Creative and problem-solving skills
The closing date for application: 24th May 2022
Submit your application via: https://jobs.oxfamnovib.nl/job/Hanoi-%28VNM_HAN%29-SENIOR-FUNDING-AND-PROGRAMME-SPECIALIST/799075901/
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer