Project Manager for Humanitarian & Livelihood Resilience (deadline 15.07.2022)
To ensure effective delivery of Oxfam Humanitarian and Resilience strategy and related projects through provision of well implementation and coordination in close co-operation with key actors to achieve policy, attitude and practice change towards improved emergency preparedness, response and recovery as well as enhanced livelihood resilience.
This job is a combination of two main responsibilities:
- Livelihood resilience programming: to contribute to the strategy development and implementation of Oxfam in Vietnam’s livelihood resilient programming and related influencing works.
- Humanitarian: to support the management and coordination of Oxfam in Vietnam works on emergency preparedness, emergency response and recovery
Contract: Fixed term, 1 year with possible extension (depending on funding availibility and performance)
Reporting to: Senior programme manager/Programme Manager for Humanitarian and Resilience
Based in: Hanoi with frequent travel
Livelihood resilient programming:
- Contribute to develop a strategic approach and interventions to expand Oxfam in Vietnam’s programming on building livelihood Resilience to economic, climate and pandemic shocks.
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals on related theme with active engagement and discussions with partners, relevant Oxfam affiliates, and other stakeholders;
- Manage and implement the projects under Oxfam resilience theme including project planning and budgeting, staff management, identifying and maintaining direct contacts with partners, monitoring and supporting partners in project implementation and their organizational capacity development, and overseeing project financial management;
- Be responsible for identifying, organizing, facilitating and if needed monitoring the capacity building processes for partners and other stakeholders to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of projects and lessons learned;
- Promote and ensure integration of building livelihood resilience in other relevant Oxfam in Vietnam programs and projects.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with related stakeholders at different levels. .
- Contribute to documentation, systematization of lessons learnt and knowledge management in building livelihood resilience at national and regional levels in the relevant Oxfam network;
- Contribute to the process to review and update Country Contingency Plan annually.
- Scan emergency early warning signals; Communicate with partners, provincial CFSC/ Red Cross and related stakeholders; Conduct rapid and in-depth assessment along with Disaster Management Working Group, UN Clusters, Government departments, Oxfam Affiliates etc., Write assessment report, project proposal, situation report, and share the reports with greater audiences.
- Be a member of Emergency Response Team, and participate in the Rapid Assessment and Emergency Response operation project relocating in project areas for about 2-6 months if necessary.
- Ensure that project activities follow Oxfam’s standards and policy guidelines, including financial and human resource management.
- Participate in the monitoring project progress, undertake impact assessment, write case studies of emergency responses.
- Contribute to the development of reports (concept notes, situation report, monthly report, interim and final report) and other support material for donor reporting as required; Arrange project evaluation, periodical reviews and assessment when necessary.
- Contribute to the implementation of emergency preparedness capacity building plan, developing tools, assessing partner’s capacity, develop and implement plans for developing partner capacity.
- Represent Oxfam in relevant working groups (e.g. Disaster Management working group, CCFSC), cooperate with alliances at national level and provincial authorities to advocate for improved coordination, humanitarian standards and accountability issues
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights (click here).
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- University degree/post graduate in relevant majors, preferably climate change, agriculture, development economics, environment study or social science
- At least five years of working experiences with substantial knowledge about humanitarian response, building livelihood resilience and familiarity with innovative approaches to address the related problems.
- Substantial working experience with development programmes in Vietnam.
- Experience and skills in planning, developing, managing and monitoring development programmes/projects (including design, capacity building, partnership management, fund raising, report writing, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, advocacy, inter-agency networking and coordination etc.); Experience in resource management e.g. people, finances, assets.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking; Ability to analyse development context and driving factors; Ability to ‘think politically’ by understanding motivations, pressures and challenges faced by different actors; Ability to influence others.
- Good communications, presentation and facilitation skills; High level of written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills.
- Good computer skills (writing and spreadsheet programmes).
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of Vietnam.
- Systems Thinking
In addition, you need to
- Be a team player;
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
The closing date for application: 15th July 2022
Submit your application via this LINK
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer