Programme Officer - Value Chain/Agribusiness (deadline 05.06.2022)
To ensure effective delivery of the livelihood projects through provision of high quality overall management of project cycle from designing, planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, to documentation of project results and learning.
Contract: Fixed term, 1 year with possible extension (depending on funding availibility and performance)
Reporting to: Senior programme manager
Based in: Hanoi with frequent travel
- Contribute to the annual planning and budgeting of assigned projects
- Support partners in program/project development and implementation through technical advice on sustainable and inclusive value chain developments-related issues, develop and maintain relationship with partners, local authorities and other relevant value chain actors in the project areas.
- Contribute to build capacities of partners, SMEs and farmer groups on related areas such as inclusive business, sustainable production and marketing, research and advocacy, etc.
- Work closely with partners, SMEs and farmer groups to assess training needs, develop training curriculum in line with Oxfam and other tested training materials, facilitate training sessions and follow up with impact of the training.
- Contribute to writing programme/project learning documents, case studies, blogs, video clips and take part in policy advocacy for good practices, lessons, processes of the programme.
- Implement and review Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework of the assigned projects, and contribute to baseline surveys, progress monitoring events, producing project reports in time as per scheduled.
- Monitor project spending, review financial reports prepared by project partners
- Actively network with relevant working groups, value chain actors, government agencies to develop and implement joint initiatives and advocacy events at local or/and national level(s).
- Act as Oxfam’s representative at provincial or/and national(s) level as required;
- Ensure the linkages and coherence of the assigned projects to the broader Oxfam in Vietnam’s value chain development and private sector engagement strategy
- Contribute to create synergy with other components or projects of Oxfam in Vietnam, such as CSR standards, women economic empowerment, SME development, etc
- Ensure implementation of Oxfam’s and donor’s (where relevant) operational policies, procedures and guidelines in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Work in close collaboration with other Oxfam teams, contribute to the development and implementation of Oxfam strategy and programmes in Vietnam.
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights (click here).
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- University degree/post graduate, preferably Agri-business, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent
- At least three years of working experiences in related fields with substantial knowledge and experiences with development programmes/projects, private sector, substantiable agriculture value chain development, and familiarity with innovative approaches to address the related problems.
- Practical knowledge and experience of projects design, report writing, developing training and IEC materials, advocacy and inter-agency networking and coordination
- Sound experience in resource management, e.g. finance, assets.
- Sound experience in managing and monitoring value chain development projects, including partnership management.
- Good analytical thinking skills and abilities to influence others.
- Good social and intercultural skills.
- Good written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Good computer skills (writing and spreadsheet programmes).
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of Vietnam.
In addition, you need to
- Be a team player;
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
The closing date for application: 5th June 2022
Submit your application via this LINK
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer