Programme Finance Officer (deadline 03.07.2022)
The Programme Financial Officer is responsible for the financial aspects of the management of country portfolios, the development, implementation and monitoring of the financial aspects of the assigned Special Projects, the management of the financial risks and opportunities on a country level, and to provide for the appraisal and analysis of the financial aspects of proposals and reports for back-donors.
Contract: Fixed term, 1 year with possible extension (depending on performance)
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Based in: Hanoi with frequent travel
- Analyse the financial aspects of funding applications, financial and operational reports and financial audits of Oxfam counterparts for the sake of a proper accountability and transparency; work with SPFO to ensure coherence and compliance across all major donor requirements;
- You assess, together with the Programme Managers/Programme Officers the organisational structure, capacity and management systems of counterparts as well as their external risks and communicate about these issues directly with the counterparts & propose appropriate monitoring and/or capacity-building;
- Closely monitor counterparts' financial management and implementation of activities and outcomes in collaboration with programme officer;
- Contribute to the further development of the capacity of programmes staff and partners in finance management and in preparing financial reports to ensure proper accountability and compliance to Oxfam grant management and/or back donors' requirements;
- Draws up the budget for (externally funded) project proposals on the basis of the intended project activities. When a project is approved: supports necessary system improvements, prepares the financial management reports in line with the standards of the back-donor(s), including a (first) analysis, and submits them to the project leader for his/her approval;
- Check and appraise the financial aspects of funding proposals of (intended) local partners, on internal and external risks and opportunities. You co-ordinate on findings with the project leader and you make proposal on the (manner of) financing;
- Contribute to financial management/policy (such as the quality of audits, opportunities for getting advice in the financial area and the quality of financial traffic);
- Ensure the archive system of project financial management is regularly updated for easily access and for audit purposes;
- Develop a network of financial consultants, auditors in Vietnam to support these tasks;
- Regularly visit counterparts and their projects in the field and other relevant organisations/people in Vietnam in order to properly implement and check the above mentioned duties in every six month;
- Have direct contacts with relevant units at HQ (project control, external funding, Quality & Control).
Skills, experience and knowledge
- A degree in finance management on a bachelor level;
- 5 years of relevant work experience in financial position including financial management, planning, administration and budgeting & auditing;
- Several years of working experience related to international development organisations;
- Experience in making independent financial analyses of development programmes, and you can evaluate these against the political and socio-economic context within which they are carried out;
- Experience and knowledge of relevant financial IT-systems;
- Excellent social skills and you are a team player;
- Excellent communications skills in English.
In addition, you need to
- Be a team player;
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
Submit your application via this LINK
The closing date for application: 3rd July 2022
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer