Policy Advisor Digital Rights and Space (deadline 17.10.2021)
- Research and update knowledge and experiences about digital rights and -space in and outside Oxfam;
- Support partners and country teams in using most strategically and safely their digital space and rights;
- Contribute on digital rights/space issues as part of program/project development;
- Contribute to digital rights/space networks and advocacy debates;
- Document good and bad practices on digital rights & space;
- Contribute to awareness raising on digital rights and space; on what is possible/ necessary and what not in Oxfam Novib’s work;
- Advise Oxfam’s Civic Space group on digital rights and space;
- Developing guidelines for aligning the digital rights & digital space work with the civic space work; ICT work and digital campaigning work.
Skills, experience and knowledge
This policy advisor has
- A degree in a relevant field and academic working capacity, preferably related to digital civic space work;
- At least 5 years’ experience working on digital issues in relation to promoting civic space, human rights, democracy, social innovation in the global South and preferably in restricted environments;
- A strong personal motivation for protecting and strengthening online civil society and civic space;
- Embrace feminist principles in your work; the importance of equality in partnerships and able to reflect on your own perspective (‘positionality’) and that of others;
- Knowledge of digital civic space and rights;
- Experience in facilitating strategy and program/project development related to digital rights and civic space;
- Experience with capacity strengthening and facilitating mutual learning trajectories, preferably on digital civic space;
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically and innovatively;
- The ability to be a proactive connector, team player, and excellent facilitator – online and offline;
- Experience in knowledge management and learning trajectories is an asset;
- A result oriented approach; and strong skills in planning and organizing;
- Good (online and offline) communication skills, including through social media; blogs, opinion articles;
- Excellent written & spoken English skills; French or other languages is desirable;
- The ability and interest to travel regularly;
- Understanding of and skills in influencing is an asset.
In addition, you need to
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
How to apply
Interested candidates can send your application including motivation letter and curriculum vitae via this LINK.
The closing date for application: 17 October 2021
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.