CLV Head of Business Development (deadline 20.05.2022)
LOCATION: Cambodia or Laos
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term, 2 years
JOB FAMILY: Business Development
ONE OXFAM GRADE: B2
DEPARTMENT: CLV Leadership
TEAM: Cambodia Laos Vietnam (CLV) Cluster, Asia Region
SALARY: In line with Oxfam values and according to location
ABOUT THE CLV CLUSTER
The CLV Cluster is comprised of three countries; Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. The CLV Cluster is newly created as part of the Oxfam global change process. The CLV Cluster links programs, people, funding resources and knowledge in three Mekong countries to optimise delivery of our Global Strategy Framework and the Asia Regional Strategy, and to achieve operational efficiencies.
The Head of CLV Business Development will lead and manage the institutional funding function within the Oxfam CLV Cluster so as to support growth of Oxfam’s income and partnerships across the CLV Cluster for country focused, multi country and regional programs. The post holder will be expected to work across the confederation of OI affiliates and be the lead to support Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam in achieving the CLV Business Development strategy and targets for income growth.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Technical, Leadership, People and Resource Management)
- Leadership and change management lead on the implementation and monitoring of the CLV Business Development Strategy for country specific, multi country and regional programs for a portfolio that grows from annual baseline of EUR 18M per year. Ensure integration and alignment with CLV country focused funding strategies.
- Communication: Brand leadership and management of CLV message to key donors. Ensure adequate and timely communication for institutional fundraising within the CLV.
- Resource mobilization: Lead for mapping potential funding opportunities from diverse donors. Researches new funding prospects to meet the ambitions of each of Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam as well as contributing to the overarching CLV Cluster funding objectives. Monitor and analyse information on institutional funding trends, design success pathway to grow CLV income.
- Functional leadership in the CLV Cluster: Member of the CLV leadership team. Decision maker in shared leadership on Business Development opportunities. Lead CLV leadership’s regular donor portfolio meetings to review CLV Business Development progress and plans. Broker assistance from regional, affiliates and OI. Support CLV staff to adhere to funding policies and guidelines of Oxfam.
- Targets: Prepare annual CLV target income budgets and workplans. Collaborate across other functions in CLV (programs, operations) to identify and manage cross-dependencies.
- Team management: Lead and manage the CLV Business Development Team located across the CLV Cluster. Manage and develop direct line reports to deliver agreed objectives. Lead the Team to achieve team goals of delivering increased income and greater CLV Business Development capacity. Develop a strategic and coherent approach to resource mobilisation from institutional donors to capitalise on opportunities to work at scale across the CLV.
- Donor Contracts and compliance: Lead technical advice for CLV program and Business Development staff for favorable negotiations of donor contracts in accordance with Oxfam policies and procedures. Technical lead support to programme, finance and business support staff to comply with policies and procedures of donors and Oxfam, and technical support for quality assurance for priority donor reports (identified as priorities by the CLV Leadership)
- Representation: In liaison with CLV National Directors, establishes collaboration and strategic partnerships, represents Oxfam and builds strong relationships with donors. Leads CLV Business Development team, and supports CLV staff to proactively engage with institutional donors
- Capacity building: Responsible for providing support for capacity assessments, technical training and advice for staff at all levels on the core elements of institutional funding including strategy, partnerships, opportunity appraisal, bid development and compliance to ensure that CLV offices have the requisite basic skills for successful resource mobilisation. Maintain a Cluster wide overview of capacity in relation to fundraising potential of different institutional donors so as to help plug capacity gaps to grow income.
- Systems Development: Provide business support and systems to monitor CLV income and pipeline to inform management decision making and strategy development. Contribute to a review of existing systems to ensure that they are fit for purpose, and that processes across the function are sufficiently well harmonised and aligned.
- Learning: Responsible for providing support to develop and implement strategies for learning and skills development for CLV staff across different functions through capturing and sharing learning, producing standard tools, guidelines and training materials, facilitating deliberative social learning processes and convening regular learning events.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment
- Relationship building
- Extensive experience and record of outstanding results in achieving resource mobilisation and income growth for complex, multi sectoral regional development programs at scale.
- Extensive experience and record of success in developing successful partnerships and proposals with institutional donors for country specific, multi country and regional programs.
- Extensive experience in leading, inspiring and managing teams with responsibility for resource mobilisation activities.
- Estensive experience in external representation at a senior level with bilateral donors, multilateral agencies, and international foundations.
- Wide experience of developing and implementing organisational level capacity building initiatives to deliver business developments improvements in complex contexts.
Leadership and Management:
- Extensive experience in managing and developing others, including direct line management.
- Proven ability to utilise talent and expertise of team members from different cultural contexts to achieve objectives.
- Extensive experience of developing and managing budgets for high value and complex proposals and grants.
- Effective negotiation abilities and informal leadership skills in a multi-stakeholder, network environment.
- Highly effective organisational and project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills. An entrepreneurial spirit that is able to transcend boundaries in current thinking and operations.
- Strong ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks.
- Strong ability to liaise with a wide range of people, both internally and externally and at many levels, with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
- Fluent spoken and written English with ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues.
Ability to work in Vietnamese, Khmer or Lao language in addition to English
How to apply
All applicants should please apply through Oxfam recruitment website:
https://career2.successfactors.eu/career?company=OxfamNovibP by May 20, 2022 at 23:59 ICT.