Regional Director Asia (deadline 19.10.2021)
The Regional Director Asia will contribute to and implement Oxfam’s Global objectives and Strategy, by providing vision and strategic direction to all of Oxfam’s work in the Asia Region. This includes Oxfam’s humanitarian responses and the localisation of humanitarian leadership, long-term development programmes, advocacy and campaigns, and influencing. The post holder will be responsible and accountable for the strategic direction and effective managerial oversight of the Asia Region, ensuring impact through innovation, programme and business development, continued improvement in programme quality and transformative partnership approaches, knowledge and learning, and thought leadership. The role is expected to provide effective management of financial and human resources in line with Oxfam policy, provide high-level support and representation for advocacy, fundraising and any other representational purposes in support Oxfam’s work and interests while ensuring gender justice and feminist principles are adopted in the Region.
We are looking for a candidate with the following competencies:
- A dynamic leader with understanding and experience in humanitarian and long-term development issues.
- Ability to include and lead in the further development of program policy, especially within the Asia region.
- A proven track record of advocacy, strategic analysis, finance and risk management, conflict sensitivity and safe programming.
- Knowledge of the economics and political context within Asia and global dynamics as they relate to the Asia region.
- Experience of leading and managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and geographical areas.
In addition, you need to
- Have a high degree of self-awareness.
- Understand how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development.
- Act as a role model and demonstrate leadership in line with Oxfam’s values.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can send your application including motivation letter and curriculum vitae via this LINK.
The closing date for application: 19th October 2021
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.