Consultant to document book for SCBV project
Purpose of the documentation
- The SCBV project book is a documentation product that records and highlights the project’s theory of change, the project process, highlights of achievements, impacts, and lessons learnt/ recommendations in reducing poverty and inequality in rural areas of Vietnam through inclusive and sustainable clam and bamboo value chains.
- The SCBV project book is aimed to primarily target the private sector, relevant government agencies, development organizations, the media, and donors. The secondary target audience is the public.
The book must include four key contents:
Key content 1: The project’s approach, theory of change
Key content 2: Summary of the project’s interventions and achievements, for example:
- Overview of SCBV’s achievements qualitatively and quantitatively
- Achievements in the SCBV’s reported areas of results such as:
▪ enhanced capacity for Small Scale Producers (SSPs) and Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) towards sustainable standards
▪ fair sharing of benefits and risks in the value chains
▪ strengthened collective actions amongst SSPs and established business linkages between SSPs and SMEs/ lead firms through promoting inclusive business practices, business dialogue platforms, and effective commercial/trade promotion events
▪ gender mainstreaming and enhanced women participation in the SSPs groups and in the clam/bamboo value chains
Key content 3: Successful stories of actors in both clam and bamboo value chains, including beneficiaries and project partners.
Key content 4: Lessons learnt/recommendations
These key contents can be weaved together upon a structure of the book that is discussed and agreed between Oxfam and the consultant.
Scope of work
- Review, collect and compile existing information including project documents, stories, and photos;
- Propose a structure of the book and discuss with Oxfam towards an agreement;
- Go on field trips, attend meetings/ workshops, meet with individuals/groups to collect further information, stories, and photos;
- Write contents in Vietnamese including illustrative photos and finalize the book upon feedback from Oxfam and relevant partners.
The project book will be written in both Vietnamese and English, or either in Vietnamese or English. All information in the book needs to incorporate consents, authenticity, sensory, and cultural relevancy factors.
The book should be between 20-30, including text, photos, and references.
Oxfam owns the copyright and has editorial control over the content and images produced. All information provided to the consultant must be kept confidential.
At least five years of professional experience in writing and editing, especially in project documentation, with background in development, value chain, private sector engagement, aquaculture and forestry is an advantage;
Proven experience of similar scopes and topics is preferable;
Professional writing in Vietnamese and English; Able to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks; Proactive, resourceful, and meticulous.
How to apply
The applicant package must include:
- The consultants/company’s profile/CVs and related experience
- Samples of relevant works
- 01 technical proposal that provides a detailed description and explanation of proposed methodologies, work plan and timeline, team members and their qualifications, role/tasks of members, and any other resources that the consultant will make available to execute the assignment
- 01 financial proposal that specified number of working days required with consultancy rate and proposed budget for logistics
- 02 contacts for references
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
How to Apply: The Proposal and documents could be written in English or Vietnamese and should submit by email to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org with the subject mentioning: “Clam&Bamboo – PROJECT DOCUMENTATION BOOK”
The closing date for application: 4th December 2022.
We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.