Senior Climate Change Specialist (deadline 24.06.2022)
LOCATION: Hanoi, Vietnam
CONTRACT TYPE: One year with possible extension
INTERNAL JOB GRADE: C1
DEPARTMENT and TEAM: Programme Team
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Technical, Leadership, People and Resource management)
Strategy and program development
- Develop a strategic approach and models to expand Oxfam in Vietnam’s programming on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation with a focus on energy and agriculture sectors;
- Lead the development of funding proposals on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation with active engagement and discussions with partners, Oxfam CLV Cluster colleagues, relevant Oxfam affiliates/colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Develop and disseminate concrete plans for demonstration of Oxfam’s program and expertise on climate change adaptation and mitigation to engage with government, donors, development agencies and other stakeholders in Vietnam;
- Take the lead in surveys, research and studies independently or jointly with other agencies and stakeholders on climate change for program/project development and implementation.
- Communicate and contribute to innovation in program implementation, pro-actively propose solutions to challenges;
Technical leadership, coordination and management
- Provide technical leadership for climate change adaptation and mitigation, and set the strategic approach in relation to Oxfam country strategy in Vietnam and CLV Cluster strategy;
- Promote and ensure integration of climate change adaptation and mitigation in all relevant Oxfam programme and influencing works in Vietnam;
- Coordinate and manage the overall project implementation of projects in Vietnam under Oxfam climate resilience theme including project planning and budgeting, identifying and maintaining direct contacts with partners, monitoring and supporting partners in project implementation and their organizational capacity development, overseeing project financial management and reporting;
- Be responsible for identifying, organizing, facilitating and if needed monitoring the capacity building processes for partners and other stakeholders to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of programs and lessons learned;
- Develop technical guidance for project interventions and provide direct technical support to other teams and partners on climate change adaptation and mitigation tools and approaches, provide and share guidance for CLV Cluster climate change programs.
Representation, Networking, and Influencing
- Initiate, develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders;
- Participate actively in climate change technical networks in Vietnam and CLV Cluster;
- Participate actively in Oxfam wide related networks such as the Resilience Knowledge Hub, Food Climate Justice policy group;
- Provide guidance as required to colleagues working on national/CLV Cluster/regional influencing on how they may integrate climate change into their activities;
- Contribute to systematization of lessons learnt and knowledge management in climate change adaptation and mitigation at national, CLV Cluster and regional levels in the relevant Oxfam network;
- Document and share information related to climate change and building resilience both internally and externally;
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to raise awareness and advocate for appropriate policies with relevant bodies in Vietnam, in CLV Cluster on inclusive and sustainable climate actions;
- Represent and communicate Oxfam’s public policy and positions on resilience and climate change as and when appropriate to institutions, government, international, national and local organizations as required.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Hold Master Degree or higher in climate change, environmental study, agriculture and/or related fields
- At least 5 years of direct experiences on climate change adaptation and mitigation in the context of agriculture, rural livelihood, low-emissions pathways in the energy sector and netzero agenda and/or other related fields.
- Direct experience on project management.
- Direct experience of multi-stakeholder processes and multi-stakeholder collaboration
- Experience in the development of frameworks, tools and approaches that aid others adopt good practices in agriculture and energy
- Experience of engaging others (researchers, consultants, institutions) to undertake specific deliverable pieces of work
- Experience of supporting and training others directly and remotely
- Experience in applying gender lens and ‘tools’ in resilience programming and influencing
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal skills in English
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to build, motivate and inspire multi-disciplinary teams based at different locations working for a common purpose
- Strong conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking. Ability to analyse development context and driving factors; Ability to think politically by understanding motivations, pressures and challenges faced by different actors.
- Knowledge and experience of energy transition and net zero agenda.
- Broader understanding and expertise on resilience and sustainability in different contexts
- Mutual accountability
All applicants should please apply through Oxfam recruitment website: https://career2.successfactors.eu/career?company=OxfamNovibP by June 24, 2022 at 23:59 ICT.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.