Review and develop a practical guideline for farmers groups in the value chain
Purpose of the mission
- The purpose of this assignment is to have a practical/ standardized guideline for farmers groups establishment, management and operation in the value chain to replicate to wider target groups in project area. The objective of the mission is to:
- Review practical documents and training materials relating to farmers groups establishment, capacity building for farmers groups, strengthening group management and operation, collective marketing, etc. in the clam and bamboo value chain.
- Develop a practical guideline for farmers groups establishment, management and operation in the value chain.
- The guideline for farmers groups establishment, management and operation in the value chain is aimed to primarily target the development workers/ local partners who are working in the area of organizing and strengthening farmers groups and facilitating collective actions.
Scope of work
The consultant will:
- Desk study: Collect and compile existing information including project documents, practical documents and training materials relating to farmers groups establishment, capacity building for farmers groups, strengthening group management and operation, collective marketing, etc. in the clam and bamboo value chain;
- Review the collected documents;
- Propose a structure of the guideline and discuss with Oxfam towards an agreement;
- Meeting with project staff and local partners;
- Write contents in Vietnamese including illustrative photos and finalize the practical guideline upon feedback from Oxfam and project team.
The book must include three key contents:
- Key content 1: The project’s approach for farmers groups establishment, management and operation in the value chain;
- Key content 2: Key steps to facilitate the establishment, management and operation of the farmers groups in the value chain, including aspect of gender mainstreaming and enhanced women participation in the farmers groups in the clam/bamboo value chains
- Key content 3: Process to support farmers cooperatives to develop business plans.
These key contents can be weaved together upon a structure of the guideline that is discussed and agreed between Oxfam and the consultant.
- The guideline will be written in Vietnamese.
- All information in the book needs to incorporate consents, authenticity, sensory, and cultural relevancy factors.
- The guideline should be between 20-30, including text, photos, and references.
Oxfam owns the copyright and has editorial control over the content and images produced. All information provided to the consultant must be kept confidential.
The consultant will report to Oxfam SCBV staff in charge and work closely with the project team. The consultant should:
- Possess relevant background in one of the following majors: social sciences, food industry, forestry, aquaculture, environment, natural resource management, economics. Master’s degree in the field is preferred.
- Possess proven experience (at least five years) in farmers groups strengthening for NGO’s development projects, preferably including issues of value chain development, community groups strengthening, rural economic development, social issues in agricultural/aquaculture sectors.
- Proven experience of similar scopes and topics is preferable;
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Proactive, resourceful, and meticulous.
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness and gender equality with experience in integrating gender and diversity issues into farmers groups strengthening and development.
- Be committed to and able to meet the deadline, strong analytical skills, and documentation skills.
- Professional writing in Vietnamese.
How to apply
The applicant package must include:
- The consultant’s profile/CVs and related experience;
- 01 technical proposal that provides a detailed description and explanation of proposed methodologies, work plan and timeline, and any other resources that the consultant will make available to execute the assignment.
- 01 financial proposal that specifies number of working days required and consultancy rate.
- 02 contacts for references.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
How to Apply: The Proposal and documents could be written in Vietnamese and should submit by email to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org with the subject mentioning: “Clam&Bamboo – Develop a practical guideline for farmers groups establishment, management and operation in the value chain”.
The closing date for application: 5 p.m, 11th January 2023.
We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.