Policy Advisor Digital Rights and Space (deadline 03.10.2021)
- Research and update knowledge and experiences about digital rights and -space in and outside Oxfam;
- Support partners and country teams in using most strategically and safely their digital space and rights;
- Contribute on digital rights/space issues as part of program/project development;
- Contribute to digital rights/space networks and advocacy debates;
- Document good and bad practices on digital rights & space;
- Contribute to awareness raising on digital rights and space; on what is possible/ necessary and what not in Oxfam Novib’s work;
- Advise Oxfam’s Civic Space group on digital rights and space;
- Developing guidelines for aligning the digital rights & digital space work with the civic space work; ICT work and digital campaigning work.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills:
- A degree in a relevant field and academic working capacity, preferably related to digital civic space work;
- At least 5 years’ experience working on digital issues in relation to promoting civic space, human rights, democracy, social innovation in the global South and preferably in restricted environments;
- A strong personal motivation for protecting and strengthening online civil society and civic space;
- Embrace feminist principles in your work; the importance of equality in partnerships and able to reflect on your own perspective (‘positionality’) and that of others;
- Knowledge of digital civic space and rights;
- Experience in facilitating strategy and program/project development related to digital rights and civic space;
- Experience with capacity strengthening and facilitating mutual learning trajectories, preferably on digital civic space;
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically and innovatively;
- The ability to be a proactive connector, team player, and excellent facilitator – online and offline;
- Experience in knowledge management and learning trajectories is an asset;
- A result oriented approach; and strong skills in planning and organizing;
- Good (online and offline) communication skills, including through social media; blogs, opinion articles;
- Excellent written & spoken English skills; French or other languages is desirable;
- The ability and interest to travel regularly;
- Understanding of and skills in influencing is an asset.
In addition, you need to
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send your application including motivation letter and curriculum vitae via this LINK.
The closing date for application: 3rd October 2021
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.