Expenditure verification for Clam Bamboo project
Subject of the Engagement
The subject of this engagement is the final Financial report in connection with the Grant Contract for the period covering 15 January 2018 to 31 March 2023 and the action entitled "Inclusive and Sustainable Clam and Bamboo Value Chain Development in Vietnam”, the ‘Action’. Annex 1 to these ToR contains information about the Grant Contract.
Responsibilities of the Parties to the Engagement
- The Coordinator is responsible for providing a Financial Report for the action financed by the Grant Contract which complies with the terms and conditions of the Grant Contract and for ensuring that this Financial Report reconciles to the Beneficiary's accounting and bookkeeping system and to the underlying accounts and records. The Beneficiary is responsible for providing sufficient and adequate information, both financial and non-financial, in support of the Financial Report.
- The Coordinator accepts that the ability of the Auditor to perform the procedures required by this engagement effectively depends upon the Beneficiary(ies), and as the case may be its affiliated entity(ies), providing full and free access to its (their) staff and its (their) accounting and bookkeeping system and underlying accounts and records.
- 'The Auditor' is responsible for performing the agreed-upon procedures as specified in this ToR. 'Auditor' refers to the audit firm contracted for performing this engagement and for submitting a report of factual findings to the Beneficiary. 'Auditor' can refer to the person or persons conducting the verification, usually the engagement partner or other members of the engagement team. The engagement partner is the partner or other person in the audit firm who is responsible for the engagement and for the report that is issued on behalf of the firm. and who has the appropriate authority from a professional, legal or regulatory body.
By agreeing these ToR the Auditor confirms that he/she meets at least one of the following conditions:
- The Auditor and/or the firm is a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution which in turn is member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- The Auditor and/or the firm is a member of a national accounting or auditing body or institution. Although this organisation is not member of the IFAC, the Auditor commits him/herself to undertake this engagement in accordance with the IFAC standards and ethics set out in these ToR.
- The Auditor and/or the firm is registered as a statutory auditor in the public register of a public oversight body in an EU member state in accordance with the principles of public oversight set out in Directive 2006/43/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (this applies to auditors and audit firms based in an EU Member State2).
- The Auditor and/or the firm is registered as a statutory auditor in the public register of a public oversight body in a third country and this register is subject to principles of public oversight as set out in the legislation of the country concerned (this applies to auditors and audit firms based in a third country).
Standards and Ethics
The Auditor shall undertake this engagement in accordance with:
- the International Standard on Related Services ('ISRS') 4400 Engagements to perform Agreedupon Procedures regarding Financial Information as promulgated by the IFAC;
- the IFAC Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants, developed and issued by IFAC's International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA)> which establishes fundamental ethical principles for Auditors with regard to integrity; objectivity, independence, professional competence and due care, confidentiality, professional behaviour and technical standards. Although ISRS 4400 provides that independence is not a requirement for agreed-upon procedures engagements, the Contracting Authority requires that the Auditor is independent from the Beneficiary(ies) and complies with the independence requirements of the IFAC Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants.
Deadline to submit: 20/03/2023
Please submit your proposal by email to: email@example.com
Contact: Truong Kieu Lien - Program Finance Officer
Oxfam | 22 Le Dai Hanh | Hanoi, Vietnam
+84 4 3945 4448 ext. 505 | mobile +84 912 908 575
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Our photos on Flickr