Consultant for developing annotated bibliography for the mining sector in Viet Nam
The annotated bibliography for the mining sector in Viet Nam is developed with the aim of
(i) Providing a comprehensive understanding of the background of the mining sector in general and the sustainability of the mining sector in Viet Nam in particular.
(ii) Mapping out the efforts to promote sustainability in the mining sector in Viet Nam in recent years.
Scope of work
The consultant(s) is expected to:
i. Conduct literature review/ desk study on overview of the mining sector, good governance in the mining sector, economic, environmental and social impacts
ii. Curate, compile, consolidate data and information from desk study
iii. Write an annotated bibliography for the mining sector in Viet Nam in English and in Vietnamese
iv. Design the annotated bibliography for the mining sector in Viet Nam in ready-to print format
The annotated bibliography should provide insightful and meaningful information extracted from creditable and reliable documentation, publications on the mining sector since 2010.
The annotated bibliography shall follow the requirement on citation and reference style to ensure the integrity in research.
Language: in Vietnamese and in English
• One ready-to-print annotated bibliography for the mining sector in Viet Nam in Vietnamese
• One ready-to-print annotated bibliography for the mining sector in Viet Nam in English
March - April 2023
The detailed plan will be discussed between program officer and the consultancy team
• Good profile and experience in working on extractive industries including the mining sector with track records of achievements
• Strong experience and expertise in research methodology, writing paper,s and literature reviews
• Good understanding of the local context and the mining sector in Vietnam
• Experience in development projects with both scientific and social approaches is a plus
• Fluency in both English and Vietnamese
• Adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values
Submission of Interests
Interested agencies should send the following information:
• Portfolio of the team, showcasing relevant experience, previous works, list of writing or writing examples
• CV(s) of the team members in charge, with relevant experience
• A brief proposal with the components as described in the Scope of work
• A proposed budget plan, including consultancy rate, travel expenses, and other fees to complete the task, including Personal Income Tax or VAT
Oxfam in Vietnam will recruit based on the proposed budget and the quality of the proposed idea. Candidates should present your proposals in a clear and thorough manner.
Applications should be submitted via e-mail (in Vietnamese or English) to the following addresses: email@example.com, with the subject line “[Your name] GAL-G2”, no later than 8h on 21 March 2023.
For further information and clarification, please contact Ms Trang Hoang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Our photos on Flickr