Consultancy Service for a biochar domestic and international market study of BEST project (deadline: 10th September 2021)
Oxfam in Vietnam in partnership with the Center for Creativity and Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS) has been implementing a 4-year project titled “Biomass Gasification Technology – Sustainable Energy Solution for Agri-Food Processing and Waste Management in Rural Areas of Vietnam” (BEST project), period October 2020 - September 2024 in four provinces: Thai Nguyen, Tuyen Quang, Yen Bai and Lao Cai.
We are looking for a consultant(s) to conduct a study of the domestic and international market potentials for biochar. The market study aims to provide a comprehensive analysis on domestic and international market potentials for biochar, which will support VCBG MSEs in trading biochar and inform the project’s action plan for sustainable, effective use and trading of biochar nationally and internationally.
Requirements for Consultants
- Academic qualifications in & proven experience (at least 10 years) in the areas related to market study of agricultural products
- Proven experience and knowledge in biochar is preferred
- Have experience in renewable energy and waste management in Vietnam, including national and local policy and practice, market-based solutions, agri-food processing, environmental impact is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong skill set and experiences in study/research methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in integrating gender and diversity issues into the study
- Be committed to and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent English and Vietnamese writing skills.
- Good presentation skills.
Submission of Proposal
The applicant package must include:
- The consultants/company’s profile/CVs and related experience
- 01 technical proposal that provide a detailed description and explanation of proposed methodologies, work plan and timeline, team members and their qualifications, role/tasks of members, and any other resources that the consultant will make available to execute the assignment
- 01 financial proposal that specified number of working days required with consultancy rate and proposed budget for logistics
- 03 contacts for references
- Samples of relevant works preferred
The Proposal could be submitted in either English or Vietnamese by email to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org before COB 10 September 2021.
For more information, please refer to the attached ToR.