Business Development Strategy: Development Consultancy (Cambodia – Laos – Vietnam Cluster) (deadline 14.01.2022)
Oxfam in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam has come together in a Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam (CLV) cluster to increases our impact on the ground, strengthen our ability to influence policy changes at country and regional levels, raises income and saves costs.
As part of Cluster Organizational Model Phased Approach, the development of a CLV Business Development strategy is required to guide the securing of funding for our inaugural CLV Programmatic Strategy 2022-24. A shared Business Development Plan will also support our overall Programmatic Clustering Phase which should be concluded by December 2022.
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's right.
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- At least 10 years of combined experience in business development and capacity building and training support to local or international NGOs.
- Thematic knowledge in the areas of priority for Oxfam, such as: citizen participation and civil society development, good governance, social protection, gender justice, sustainable development, natural resource management, and responsible investment and private sector engagement in developing country contexts
- Familiarity with and experience writing proposals for a variety of institutional donors including the EU, DFAT, SDC
- At least 5 years of work experience in the region and deep understanding and knowledge of the context and operating environment in Cambodia, Laos or Vietnam
- Strong understanding of the donor landscape in Cambodia, Laos or Vietnam
- Strong skills in proposal writing
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate ability for the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of the work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Expression of interest
The EOI must include:
- A cover letter of no more than 1 page introducing the consultant/organisation and how the skills and competencies described above are met, with concrete examples (Organisation profile outlining similar experience including type of task, employer, project title, location, achieved outputs). The cover letter should also reflect the number of days to complete the assignment and total financial offer (cost). The cover letter should also indicate consultants’ availability for the proposed period.
- An outline of no more than 5 pages of the proposed process and key considerations including:
- Key considerations for the assignment
- Proposed outline methodology and approach
- Proposed timeframe and team size including earliest availability
- Detailed financial offer / costs with requested terms of payment. It is expected that the financial offer includes a primary budget breakdown of costs (for example fees, taxes,...etc).
- Team composition, management arrangements and CVs of team members including contactable referees
Period of validity: The Expression of Interest shall be valid for a period of minimum 60 days, starting from the submission date.
By applying for this consultancy, you agree that you will comply in full with Data Protection Laws, and will provide Oxfam International with reasonable assistance and co-operation to allow Oxfam International to comply with all applicable requirements under the Data Protection Laws.
It is a condition of the award of the consultancy that all entities and personnel engaged in providing the services will be subject to pre-award screening to ensure compliance with our obligations under aid diversion, counter terrorism, and money laundering “laws".
Close of application process by Friday 14 January 2022
Please send your Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that all the documents related to your Expression of Interest are sent as attachment to your email and that all files attached clearly mention the name of the applicant.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted